Saturday 27 May 2017

Eye Shadow



Rose Gold

Huda Beauty Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette contains eighteen eye shadows with a mix of matte and metallic finishes across mostly warm-toned hues. The metallic eye shadows are very, very dense, with some being drier and dense and others being creamier and dense. The ones that were drier tended to yield chunkier pieces of product that were difficult to apply to the lid, even using fingers as recommended by the brand. They had a tendency to emphasize the texture of my lid, which made the area appear more wrinkled and thicker/uneven. I was able to apply the metallic shades with a damp, flat synthetic brush as well as with fingertips (but the brush gave me a lot more precision). Some shades lasted around eight hours while a few were more prone to fallout and creasing after six hours of wear.What I was more surprised by was just how chalky and thin the matte eye shadows were with some being better and others being worse in practice. I think that the mattes applied better than I expected, but they were quicker to fade and crease within six to seven hours of wear. One shade wasn’t usable at all; the texture felt like velvet, but it yielded almost no coverage at all. It seemed like the pan was so firmly pressed that no powder was able to come off the surface.As for the packaging, I’m not bothered by the use of cardboard for palettes (they absorb impact better than plastic/metal!), even at this price point, however the cardboard used by the brand is some of the lightest weight and cheapest in feel, or felt thin and dented/scuffed easily. Even the clear, plastic lid felt thin and prone to being scratched/dented/torn. For reference, a Z Palette feels 10x sturdier and stronger to me.Try this palette and let me know how you feel about it, mind you, everyone skin type is different especially their oil balance. For instance, the colours may appear different on my eyes since i have combination skin as compared to other persons with dry or oily skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honey and Turmeric!!!!!

Hey Dolls, This is one of my fav natural home  remedy I use, honey and turmeric. Every time my skin looks dull and dry, I use this and it ...